Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Born Pretty Holo Polish ~ #33



Born Pretty Holo Polish ~ #33
Green to purple duochromatic jelly with green glitter in various sizes

Don’t let the name of this polish fool you: This is not a holographic polish. I don’t know why they wrote “Holo polish” on the bottle: This is a duochrome with glitter.

I wasn’t quite sure whether it required underwear or not so I tried both with and without. I used a layer of black underwear on my pinkie and ring finger and no underwear on the middle finger and the pointer.

So this is two coats over black on the pinkie and ring finger and three coats alone on the middle finger and the pointer. There’s a layer of topcoat on all of them.


Here are the two polishes I used. The OPI is “Never have too Mani Friends”.


This polish leaves me kind of “meh”. There’s not much of a difference between the nails with and without underwear. The shift is not prominent and the little shift there is, is from green to a very hazy and dull purple. I’m not impressed and I will not buy again.


Number of coats: 2 over black or 3 alone
Drying time: Average
Finish: Jelly duochrome with glitter
Overall impression: Dull shift, not impressive
Buy again: Nope

10 comments:

  1. To be sincere it is pretty, even though it is not a strong holo. I like the green glitters inside! Smuack

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see differences between the nails, but I do like the green glitter particles in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this polish, too, and it looks absolutely amazing in real life. Maybe that's because I love its primary dark green color. The purple shift is most prominent in warm yellow light, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, thank you. I'll check out the shift in different lightings next time :)

      Delete
  4. Well, not a holo, but I really like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous and to die for! I do love this sort of polish. :-D I think you have captured this shift well.

    I have noticed that people seem to mistake 'holo' and 'duochrome/iridescent' polishes. Which is annoying when I am doing a search LOL! Definitely not HOLO! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear!
      And I have noticed that too and it doesn't help that companies also mistake the two :D

      Delete