Saturday, November 18, 2017

CND Creative Play ~ Turquoise Tidings



CND Creative Play ~ Turquoise Tidings
Blue jelly with blue and green glitter

This polish has been sitting in the box for a while because when I got home with it I discovered how sheer it is. And I am not a fan of sheer polishes.

I applied the first coat and I thought I was never going to get that to cover anything. The second coat helped and the third coat did the trick. The drying time was good which is a must for a three coater.

The blue and green made me think of water so I stamped a wavy design on the glittery nails. The design is from Moyou London’s stamping plate Sailor Collection-07.
The accent nail is two coats of El Corazón’s m&s-172, stamped with a jellyfish from Moyou London’s Sailor Collection-08. I topped the accent nail with the holo glitter topper “Northern Lights” from “Out the Door”.

This is the final manicure:

CND Creative Play ~ Turquoise Tidings

Here are the base colours before stamping and topcoating.

CND Creative Play ~ Turquoise Tidings

This is all the stuff I used today.


I must admit that Turquoise Tidings disappointed me. I probably won’t use it on its own again but will try and use it as a topper instead. Perhaps it works better that way.

I will try the last couple of CND Creative Play polishes I have got but I honestly don’t think I’ll buy more of them. I haven’t been impressed yet.


Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Pretty good
Finish: Sheer jelly
Overall impression: I love the glitter; the sheerness not so much
Buy again: No

12 comments:

  1. It`s so pretty in the bottle, but not that impressive on the nails...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, unfortunately not. I think I'll try it as a topper next time :/

      Delete
  2. I think it looks very pretty, both the polish and the nail art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too think it would work better as a topper. The polish looks gorgeous on its own anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous blue and I like the white silky one too :-D

    ReplyDelete